Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Car Marble Painting


This is Marble Painting with a twist. If you are not new to this blog, you should know by now that my boys are cars fanatics. Their cars are usually within their reach during craft time. Marble Painting is a regular craft for us. We do it every now and then. Especially during times when I'm short of time but the boys are desperately asking for their activity time. Today, the boys did their marble painting a little differently and I welcome the change. Instead of holding the sides of the box to roll their marbles around, they used their cars to push the marbles. This was entirely their own initiative. How creative! I love it when they show me how things can be played in different ways. While we as parents will usually think that we are the ones teaching them, I often think they are the ones teaching us and showing us how the world can work in different ways.

What You Need: 
Some sort of tray or box cover to contain the paper and marbles (and cars in this case)
Paper
Paint
Marbles
Cars

Just push or hit the marbles with the cars and it will roll the paint all over, creating patterns. My sons love the sound of the cars hitting the marbles. And they were thrilled when the marble they pushed hit another marble. Have fun!

6 comments:

  1. We have tried marble painting with, erm, marbles. They kept getting stuck. So reckon the cards will be a brilliant addition!!

    Thank you for linking up :-)

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuck? I never have this problem. Maybe the consistency of the paint you use is too thick? But yes, cars will be come in useful if they get stuck again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thanks for posting, mind if I link to it when we do cars?
    come visit us at bookwormfun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Car painting surely is fun especially when you do it with the kids, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome work. I have read the article and it seems to me very innovative indeed. Want to really see some more update here. Keep it up man.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails