Thursday, November 18, 2010

Homemade Car Mat


I have been hoping to do non-transportation related themes and activity with them but my boys are just sooooo into their cars and buses that I can only get their attention by incorporating transportation into the activities we do. So, we did a car mat and we drew roads, buildings, houses, etc for them to roll their cars on.

What You Need:
Big mounting board or paper
Drawing materials such as color pencils, markers, crayons, etc.
Cars

This smile from K just melts my heart

7 comments:

  1. very nice smile from Kai! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks interesting!! It just so happen I am doing Transportation theme with my boy now. Will do this activity with my boy too. and I think they would love it!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. HM: Yes! I love that smile!

    CY: Yeah, this is interesting and easy to put together! I'm sure they will have a better time. They are older and needs lesser guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Renelik, great to meet you and thank you so much for sharing this idea with us at the Play Academy. I love that the chidlren can be involved in designing their own street - a really simple and clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy, thanks! My pleasure! I love what you are doing over at Nuture Store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your car playmat - so simple, yet SO effective!

    Would love you stop by at Kid Get Crafty over at Red Ted Art(new linky up every Wednesday - current linky - http://www.redtedart.com/2010/11/24/kids-get-crafty-only-dads-sock-monsters-nice-ones/)

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Maggy! I would love to share my activities over at Red Ted Art. Will definitely pop over. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails