Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sensory Rice Bin

What You Need:
  • A Bin or any Container  (I use a bin that I got from Ikea but the depth is a little too deep for my 17 months old toddler. Oh well... their hands will grow longer.)
  • Rice 
  • Toys for Sand Play (Scoops, Shovels, Cups, etc)
  • Others - You can also add things like Magnetic Letters for letter hunt, Sea Shells, Pom Poms, etc. 
Preparation:
Just fill the bin to 2-3" deep, add whatever you wish to the bin and let your kids have fun!

My boys enjoyed this Rice Bin for almost 2 hours! This amount of time spent was incredible, considering a toddler's short attention span.
 K: "Why is this thing sticking on my hand?"
K scooping the rice

Tip: Lay a plastic sheet below (if you are playing indoors) for easy clean up.

Here is Y, attempting to help me sweep up the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails